George’s History

In 1958, 9-year-old Donald Pope set up two sawhorses and a door as a table on a sidewalk in Williamsville and began advertising sweetcorn and tomatoes from local farmers. From these humble origins, George’s Produce Market began.

Over the years, George’s developed a reputation for selling delicious, high-quality produce, sourced from the best that local farms have to offer. This is largely due to the close relationships that Pope cultivated with local farmers.

Donald Pope’s passion for sourcing and delivering the best-quality produce from local farmers can also be found in his son, Michael Pope, who began working side-by-side with his father in 2000.

Following in his late father’s footsteps, Michael intends to maintain his family business and legacy within the community, providing genuine farm fresh produce at reasonable prices.

George’s has relocated to 1195 Werhle Drive in Williamsville, NY for the 2018 season.